The principles of brain distribution, established by the PNUH Brain Bank, are as follows.
1. The purpose and character of brain collection shall be fully considered when using brain tissues.
2. Application for the distribution of brain tissues shall be filed by the principal investigator of the project.
3. The principal investigator, who directs the regarding research project in general, is responsible for the general use of brain tissues distributed.
4. Only the minimum amount of brain tissues required for the regarding research project shall be asked for the distribution. The brain tissues distributed shall be used within a year after the distribution and during the research period stated in the research protocol and the period permitted by the authorized IRB.
5. Researchers shall use the brain tissues only for researches stated clearly in the application form for the brain distribution, research protocol and such submitted. In the event of changes in contents of such researches, such changes shall be immediately reported to the PNUH Brain Bank, who distributed the brain tissues, an application form for changing the plan of the use of brain tissues and other documents required by the distribution committee, and the approval of such changes shall be obtained.
6. Researchers shall not transfer the brain tissues, distributed to them, to other organizations or researchers discretionally. The remaining brain tissues after the use shall immediately be discarded as soon as the period for use expires.
7. Researchers shall do their utmost to protect the personal information of donor, who donated brain tissues for them, and shall not try to reach or contact the person related by using such personal information.